Clowns & Jokers

Stuck in the middle.... Left, right, centre. It's a mess out there.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

OK I regret linking here.

Us Brit bloggers are all dreadful 'lushes', with a terrible colonial past, we came to the fore thanks only really to 'The Beatles' and 'our forests' (long story!) and we're ALL fervently anti-semitic to boot (sadly THAT post has vanished!)
. Yes, 'Rastaman' enjoys indulging in cultural slurs to make his 'argument', stereotypes into his keyboard like fury and has a sulking sense of humour failure on a near regular basis. Bit like the BBCs approach to Americans.

Here he is on Churchill "look at you bitching out some guy you don’t know, all because he’s burnt out on his drunk father"... in response to a quite reasonable attempt to remind him that..it's ok to enjoy the odd alcoholic beverage.

A burnt out lush called Winston Churchill in 1899:-

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.
"Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen: all know how to die. But the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytising faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science - the science against which it had vainly struggled - the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome."

A final 'word'








11 Comments:

At Wednesday, 19 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. It's all getting a bit silly, isn't it?

 
At Wednesday, 19 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh Steve..mid week joke...anyway 'Raaaasta started it'!!

Plus ive had to patiently put up with his silly crap for longer than you. Im owed!

 
At Wednesday, 19 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you know my theory about you and Rasta...
;-)

 
At Wednesday, 19 July, 2006, Blogger Wolfie said...

Well Alison, you and me both. I have been getting pretty tired of his boorish and dangerously simplistic assessments of geopolitics interspersed with irrational ad hominem attacks. We came to a truce a while ago but in no time at all he was back to his old ways. Won't be missed.

Strangely enough all the sharpest minds I have ever known have been quite heavy drinkers, I suspect it may be because they need the occasional respite from the relentless clamour of their restless intellect.

 
At Wednesday, 19 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rasta is an arse. Well done Alison for defending the drinking bloggers realm.

Why is it when a man and a woman argue it all comes down to ininuendo?!

 
At Wednesday, 19 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful 'lush' Winston Churchill was. Tell it like it is. Cigar smoking, drinking great guy. One of my friends of an era goneby said to me Winston was a war monger...yeah right. As a matter of fact I think Mandela was a terrorist but what do I know. Let's all search for his gun.

 
At Wednesday, 19 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for that Wolfie - I'll remember it next time I get completely rat-arsed.

"I'm not doing this for fun - I'm doing it because I need respite from the relentless clamour of my restless intellect."

Mind you, I'm not sure I'll be able to say all that once I'm past the five pint mark.

 
At Thursday, 20 July, 2006, Blogger Wolfie said...

I'm an expert in the Chruchillian repost in justification of my vices. [brup!]

;-)

 
At Saturday, 22 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because it was Rasta. You know it. I know it. We all know it, else why is everyone saying the same thing. You have an issue with the Brits and like to stereotype to make your point. The worse was a post you deleted where we are ALL antisemitic. After a while it gets very tedious.

Noone laid personal insults on you any more than you dish out yourself.

And you stealth edit to boot which is daft.

Get over it/us.

CHEERS

 
At Monday, 24 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've no doubt that if you could have, a few of you would have come to my home and attacked me.

This made me laugh!!

 
At Monday, 24 July, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. ooookay. i missed that bit. What's he been smokin'?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home