Clowns & Jokers

Stuck in the middle.... Left, right, centre. It's a mess out there.

Monday, June 12, 2006

No Other Flag Other than the Sun and Lion

World Cup tales from somewhere in North London.

Iran versus Mexico

"I wondered to myself if there would be any dim wits waving the Islamic Republic flag when we get to the venue....fortunately, we saw only three Islamic Republic flags and the rest were all Sun and Lion flags. First one was a young boy with the IRI flag draped around him. I approached him and asked if he thought there was anything Iranian about the flag he had put across his shoulder? He said ashamedly "I know, but I just didn't have any other flag". I told him but brother thats no excuse to wave this. He gave me the IRI flag, and I bought him a drink, shook his hand and embraced him like a new found friend...The other two with Islamic Republic flags were both females and the women in our group approached them. One of them was a young girl in a short skimpy skirt and a low cut blouse, looking even more stupid as she flapped the Islamic flag about She folded up her flag and put it in her hand bag and the other woman exchanged her Islamic flag for a Sun and Lion flag. Now I could relax and enjoy myself..."

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, 14 June, 2006, Blogger Laura said...

The little girl wearing the skimmy skirt and low-cut blouse would probably have been stoned in her beloved Islamic country.

 
At Wednesday, 14 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crazy she doesnt see that. Glad to read you are such a football fan btw Alice but then youve West Ham practise :)

 
At Wednesday, 14 June, 2006, Blogger Laura said...

Go Hammers! And that was skimpy skirt not skimmy skirt...duh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home