Clowns & Jokers

Stuck in the middle.... Left, right, centre. It's a mess out there.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Princess & the Frog


Once upon a time, in a land far away, a beautiful, independent, self assured, princess happened upon a frog as she sat, contemplating ecological issues on the shores of an unpolluted pond in a verdant meadow near her castle.

The frog hopped into the princess lap and said:

"Elegant Lady, I was once a handsome prince, until an evil feminist witch cast a spell upon me. One kiss from you, however, and I will turn back into the dapper, young prince that I am, and then, my sweet, we can marry and set up housekeeping in yon castle with my mother, where you can work full time, prepare my meals, clean my clothes, look permanently gorgeous, bear my children, contribute to declining world birth rates and forever feel grateful and happy doing so "

That night, as the princess dined sumptuously on a repast of lightly sautéed frog legs seasoned in a white wine and shallot cream sauce, she reflected on the frogs earlier offer and thought

'Not fucking likely'

9 Comments:

At Friday, 12 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's how I like to start the day with a laugh! Thanks Alison.

One for you - househunting...explaining the day to a friend actually Ted Dexter of cricketing fame.

Us on the telephone:"We enter the building with the estate agent full of curiosity, high hopes and expectations"

Ted Dexter interupts "And it was a load of old bollocks".

How succinct, how correct, precisely to the point.

 
At Friday, 12 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!

 
At Friday, 12 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guess that far away land was not the United states ... since the frog failed to mention anything of his penis size or tounge piercing .....
sorry I'm a little disgusted at the moment, in one week I had 4 men, strangers at that, approach me with a differnt offer... ewwwww!!!

 
At Saturday, 13 January, 2007, Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Oh! I know! This is one of those politically correct fairy tales, right? ;-)

LOL!

 
At Saturday, 13 January, 2007, Blogger David Vance said...

She was obviously a feminazi princess!

 
At Monday, 15 January, 2007, Blogger Gavin said...

Frogs legs - scrumptious!

 
At Monday, 15 January, 2007, Blogger Gavin said...

To address the serious point in this fable, I would hope that no good husband would want to impose his rules or standards upon his wife, in such a way. Every couple should be free to arrange the workings of their daily lives in a way that is acceptable to both.
One thing I would strongly want though, if I was married with children, would be for either myself or my wife to stay at home and look after the toddlers personally, without employing childminders. I would never insist that my wife must do it; if she wanted to pursue her career then I would give up mine, but I do think that infants/young children need the full-time presence of either their mother or father. I would be deeply unhappy about using childminders.

 
At Tuesday, 16 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too Tom. Thats why i feel so strongly the europeans have got it 100% right. The nos of women i see in the office at the moment who have had their year out and do not want to be there, are as miserable as anything but cant afford to stay home. Why should a one year old get dumped with a child minder or a nursery? If there is a way to help women look after kids (and have themn effectively pay for themselves) then all the better.

Tu - ewww indeed

 
At Tuesday, 16 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

".. I would hope that no good husband would want to impose his rules or standards upon his wife, in such a way. Every couple should be free to arrange the workings of their daily lives in a way that is acceptable to both."

ROFLMAO ! You don't quite 'get' the married state, do you ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home